Indian woman arrested for Facebook post

An Indian woman Shaheen Dhada who was arrested over a comment on Facebook. she arrested on Monday & Her friend, Renu Srinivasan, who had "liked" the comment was also arrested. She said she was "shocked" by the occurrence. Ms Dhada was arrested for condemnation the shutdown of Mumbai after the death of polemical politician Bal Thackeray on Saturday. 21-year-old Shaheen Dhada wrote In her Facebook comment on Sunday: "People like Thackeray are born and die daily and one should not observe a 'bandh' [shutdown] for that."  Ms Dhada spoke On Tuesday to the BBC by telephone & she said in Hindi "I'm not angry, I'm not sad, but I'm just shocked. It was just my point of view, I'm shocked that it was my post because of which all this happened," She said, she did not want to "hurt anyone's sentiments" that's why she also apologised for the post & Her friend, Renu Srinivasan, apologised too. BBc

Leave a Reply

EMON. Powered by Blogger.